none
How to restrict resource for updating task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have requirement where resource assigned to task but want to restrict resource to update task. for example on single task i have assigned resource1 and resource2. and want to restrict resource2 to update task.

is this achievable. pls guide.

Thanks.

iffi

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

there are several possiblities to restrict updates for tasks or projects.

• Tasks: use project detail page "Schedule", view "Close task to Update" and set "Close" to yes
    • Project: set booking type in Team Builder to proposed to hide a project completely

To restrict only an assignment for a task, I can only think of one solution: set assignment owner to a different name. I have created a resource without login. I added this resource to project team. In task information dialog (double click on task to open dialog), I changed assignment owner to this name.

After doing so, PROD MGR is still able to see task in /tasks.aspx to enter status, but I won't, since my assignemnt would be listed für resource HiddenResource - but this resource does not exist in reality, so nothing will happen.

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:07 PM