none
Project Server 2010 - Add a task with actuals to existing baseline without change in overall baseline date RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

We have a project where the baseline is set 6 months back, but there are summary tasks and tasks added after that and they have actuals as well. So the question here is can i add those tasks to existing baseline which is set 6 months back without change in the actual baseline date.

Cheers

-R

• Edited by rkb_13 Friday, June 16, 2017 1:53 PM
    Friday, June 16, 2017 1:53 PM

All replies

• rkb_13 --

You can update the Baseline by baselining only the new tasks, but this will change the Baseline date.  Before you do that, however, I would STRONGLY recommend that you  "back up" your original baseline so that you have a record of what you baselined at the beginning of the project.  To "back up" your baseline, complete the following steps in your project:

1. Click Project > Set Baseline > Set Baseline
    2. In the Set Baseline dialog, select the Set Interim Plan option.
    3. Click the Copy pick list and select the Baseline item.
    4. Click the Into pick list and select one of the other 10 sets of Baselines, such as Baseline1, for example.
    5. Click the OK button.

Completing the above steps will completely back up your original Baseline for the project.  After completing these steps, you could select all of the new tasks in the project and then update the Baseline using the Selected Tasks option in the Set Baseline dialog.  I would recommend you also select the  "To all summary tasks" option when you baseline only the selected tasks.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, June 16, 2017 2:27 PM
  • Thanks for Reply Dale.

But my case is that i don't want the baseline date to be updated when i set the baseline for the new tasks. Is it something achievable? 

-R

Friday, June 16, 2017 3:02 PM
  • rkb_13 --

Please re-read my reply to your question.  No, you cannot update the baseline with the data from the new tasks, but not have the baseline date updated as well.  That is why I recommended you back up your original baseline first, and then update the baseline with the data from the new tasks.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, June 16, 2017 3:58 PM