none
Browser sending and receiving K's of bytes to load a simple page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a, so far, unanswered problem when accessing a SAP Portal page from IE8 or 9. Using Win7 IE8 a user logs onto the SAP Portal page in question and from httpwatch I can see it sends 84Kbytes and receives 443Kbytes. Then using the same user from another PC, running the same Win7 IE8, it sends 8kbytes and receives 24Kbytes. I have cleared the cache on both machines which makes no difference.... the data sent and rec'd remains different.

So, the question is, what is causing the inflated bytes sent and rec'd on the one PC ? How can I change it so that it uses the reduced bytes ? It cannot be the application because it works ok (smaller bytes values) on one PC.

The problem is causing a bottleneck on the network during peak times.

thanks

Jamie

Friday, March 7, 2014 5:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

f12>Debug tab>click the 'Start' button.... refresh the page...

the developer tool will list messages and errors including blocked content from Tracking protection.

type document.documentMode in the console tab or select the Emulation tab to find out what documentMode the domain is mapped to on each client...

IE10 standards mode does not support xml dataislands.

f12>networking tab, click "Start"... refresh the page...

will show you a listing of resources requested from the server.... some may be blocked or ignored.

When asking a question in an internet related forum it is helpful if you can include the FULL address of any websites you are having issues with.

Rob^_^

Friday, March 7, 2014 11:49 PM
  • So, the question is, what is causing the inflated bytes sent and rec'd on the one PC ?

I have seen misguided security products causing stuff like that.  E.g. perhaps trying to enforce the idea that size of packets can give clues to the content?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, March 9, 2014 7:17 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

f12>Debug tab>click the 'Start' button.... refresh the page...

the developer tool will list messages and errors including blocked content from Tracking protection.

type document.documentMode in the console tab or select the Emulation tab to find out what documentMode the domain is mapped to on each client...

IE10 standards mode does not support xml dataislands.

f12>networking tab, click "Start"... refresh the page...

will show you a listing of resources requested from the server.... some may be blocked or ignored.

When asking a question in an internet related forum it is helpful if you can include the FULL address of any websites you are having issues with.

Rob^_^

Friday, March 7, 2014 11:49 PM
  • So, the question is, what is causing the inflated bytes sent and rec'd on the one PC ?

I have seen misguided security products causing stuff like that.  E.g. perhaps trying to enforce the idea that size of packets can give clues to the content?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, March 9, 2014 7:17 AM
    Answerer