Office 365 auto-correct issue RRS feed

• Question

• Morning, 

Hopefully someone can help (our IT guys can't!) with a problem I have suffered a long time with 365 mail. I have a number mail auto-corrects/shortcuts I really use regular and saves me a lof of time. For some reason, with my new laptop, these only seem to work in the first few lines of a new/existing mail! Drives me insane!

It's like the further I go down in the mail writing, something switches and the autocorrect short-cut just cuts off.

Anyone help at all? Have attached an example to help illustrate.

Thanks in advance. 

• Moved by Niko.Cheng Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:57 AM relocated
    Monday, October 29, 2018 9:26 AM

All replies

• I recommend that you post this in the Outlook Forum:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:40 AM
  • Hi,

What does "365 mail" refer to in your description? You mean the Outlook desktop application come with your Office 365 plan or the Outlook 365 online app?

Could you define "mail auto-corrects/shortcuts" so that we can understand the problem more clearly? If you mean the AutoText/Quick Part feature in Outlook desktop application, these settings are stored in Outlook NormalEmail.dotm template. It could be that the template was corrupted. You may try recreating the NormalEmail.dotm file and recreating your AutoText/Quick Part to fix the issue.

Please provide more details if we have misunderstood something.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, November 2, 2018 2:12 AM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:03 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 2, 2018 2:12 AM