Unable to Publish Access database to SharePoint site in 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user requesting to publish access (2007/2010) web database into SharePoint 2013. I am able to publish this database on all sites under one site collection (test) but fails on the other site (different site collection). I have compared site collection and site features and both site collection (working and non-working one) has SharePoint Server Enterprise Site features enabled. Is there any other features that should be turned on? 

Initially it looks it has succeded but then give mesesage

"Publish Failed - Your application has encountered errors while attempting to publish. The publish operation has failed and the target site has not been created. For more details, see the following tables Moveto SharePoint Site Issues"

<tfoot></tfoot>
    Move to SharePoint Site Issues
    Issue Reason Object Type Object Name Field Name
    There was an error uploading properties and/or data macros on this table.
    Table mytab
    Errors have prevented one or more tables from being uploaded to the server.
    Table

Could not save this object's changes to the server. You must enter a value in the 'Name' field.
    Navigation Pane Navigation Pane
    Could not save this object's changes to the server. You must enter a value in the 'Name' field.
    VBA Properties VBA References
    Database Properties DBProps
    Theme Office Theme

I am unable to make any sense as it's one empty table and able to publish same table on another site (under different site collection). 

MK Sin

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:15 PM

All replies

• Hi MK,

According to your description, my understanding is that you got an error when you published Access database to SharePoint 2013.

Please deactivate SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection features at site collection level and deactivate SharePoint Server Enterprise Site features at site level, then activate them again, compare the result.

Per the error message, please type a value in the ‘Name’ filed, then publish the table, compare the result.

In addition, here is a similar article, please check whether it is useful for you:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2711562

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:17 AM
  • Wendy,

I have tried disabling/enabling Enterprise site colleciton feature on both site collection and site level without any success. "Name field is not an issue as I have verified with another site collection/site where it works fine. Also this column name is inline with kb-2711562. Any other options or troubleshooting I can do to resolve this?

Thank you.

MK Sin

Monday, March 17, 2014 6:19 PM