web APplication Proxy service was not starting on wap server RRS feed

• Question

• ADFS proxy could not be configured 
    An error occurred when attempting to establish a trust relationship with the federation service. Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

I have done the following,
    1. Checked that communication is there between WAP and ADFS
    2. Restarted ADFS and WAP servers ( as servers were patched during the weekend and the issue started after that, not that patching caused it) 
    3. Used the Install-WebApplicationProxy cmdlet in WAP which failed 

Message                                 Context                                                                  Status
    -------                                 -------                                                                  ------
    An error occurred while attempting t... DeploymentTask                                                            Error

Event viewer message from ADFS on ADFS server 
    The federation server proxy was not able to authenticate to the Federation Service. 

Based on the above message, ran the following command in test WAP 
    Install-WebApplicationProxy -FederationServiceName "adfs.xyz" -CertificateThumbprint "4B96B52AF53EB9A4FBADA19C7A6936F1A0D8FA36"

Message in event viewer in WAP 
    The federation server proxy could not establish a trust with the Federation Service. 

I'm out of ideas about what needs to be done next. 
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you and let me know if you need any additional details.

-John

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 9:15 PM

All replies

• How many ADFS servers do you have? Make sure the WAP is pointing to the Primary server (host file if needed) if using WID. Also check the ADFS and the WID services on the Primary ADFS Server to make sure they are set to auto and in a runing state.

Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE,MCC <a href="https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/4a046848-4b33-4a28-b254-e5b01e29693e/interactivecard"> View my MCP Certifications</a>

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:50 AM