Need a list of users that is member of a group from a OU RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm looking into powershell to get a list of users that is member of a group in the AD. This is one of the first times i will use powershell to get info from the AD. 

I was looking into the commando ADgroup. But when i used it i get all the user of a ADgroup what i want to archieve is that i only need to get the users that are member of the group APPL_Anywhere365InFlightSnapperNWU_P and are in the ou:

OU=RU011,OU=BeheerPartij5,OU=Productie,DC=intern,DC=ubnet,DC=nl

I'll hope you guys can help me out with this one. 

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 2:31 PM

All replies

• There is no commando ADGroup!!

You can use Get-ADGroupMember if you want to see the members of an AD group! ;-)  Read the help carefully including the examples please!!

If you post code here please format it as code with the according option on the edit bar. Thanks

Edit: If you're about to use Powershell more often than just this one time you should take a little time and start learning the basics of Powershell as it will save you from a lot of mistakes, frustration and senselessly wasted time.

Grüße - Best regards

PS:> (79,108,97,102|%{[char]$_})-join''

• Edited by BOfH-666 Tuesday, July 18, 2017 2:48 PM
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 2:44 PM
  • Hi,

If you'd like to see all the members of a specific ADGroup, just get-adgroupmenber groupname. Powershell would query adgroup automatic in the local domain.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 7:14 AM