none
DPM 2010 - Exchange 2007 replica inconsistent RRS feed

• Question

• I have DPM 2010 installed on server 2008 R2. My exchange protection group includes an exchange 2010 server and an exchange 2007 server - no clusters or anything. The Exchange 2010 is backing up fine, but I keep getting a "Replica is inconsistent" error on the 2007. I think is has something to do with VSS, but I'm not sure where or how exactly to fix it. A consistency check on the storage group returns the following error:

Type: Consistency check
    Description: Failure occurred while adding one or more of the volumes involved in backup operation to snapshot set. Please check the event log on SVREXCH to troubleshoot the issue. (ID 30290 Details: Internal error code: 0x80990A00)
     More information
    End time: 8/19/2010 4:15:29 PM
    Start time: 8/19/2010 4:15:17 PM
    Time elapsed: 00:00:11
    Data transferred: 0 MB
    Cluster node -
    Source details: First Storage Group
    Protection group: Exchange
    Items scanned: 0
    Items fixed: 0

The exchange server only logs an event id 30, source VSS "Fail to acquire Security Audit privilege"

It used to work fine, but not now. I'm not sure what, if anything changed. The Volume Shadow Copy service is running under the Local System account.

Please help

Thursday, August 19, 2010 10:04 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

You are correct the ErrorCode: 0x80990A00 =RA_ADD_VOLUME_TO_SNAPSHOTSET_FAILED - so we are having trouble adding one of the volumes for the "First Storage Group" to the snapshot set.

Please work with exchange admin group to look at the storage configuration for the "First Storage Group" - you may want to stop / restart the exchange information store after hours to reset the exchange writer.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, August 20, 2010 12:09 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

You are correct the ErrorCode: 0x80990A00 =RA_ADD_VOLUME_TO_SNAPSHOTSET_FAILED - so we are having trouble adding one of the volumes for the "First Storage Group" to the snapshot set.

Please work with exchange admin group to look at the storage configuration for the "First Storage Group" - you may want to stop / restart the exchange information store after hours to reset the exchange writer.

Regards, Mike J [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, August 20, 2010 12:09 AM
  • We're a small company, so I am the exchange admin - and the backup admin - and about everything else admin :) There are not any critical accounts so i can restart the store anytime. I'll do that and check back in.
    Friday, August 20, 2010 2:37 AM
  • I restarted the information store, ran a consistency check and got the same error.
    Friday, August 20, 2010 1:34 PM
  • also, when the Recovery point tried to run, I got the following error:

Type: Recovery point
    Description: The replica of Storage group First Storage Group on SVREXCH is not consistent with the protected data source. DPM error ID = 51. (ID 33123)
     More information
    End time: 8/20/2010 8:00:02 AM
    Start time: 8/20/2010 8:00:01 AM
    Time elapsed: 00:00:00
    Data transferred: -
    Cluster node -
    Recovery Point Type Incremental Sync
    Source details: First Storage Group
    Protection group: Exchange

Friday, August 20, 2010 2:02 PM
  • Yes, until the replica is consistent - no scheduled recovery point or sync jobs will succeed.   I think you need to work on fixing the VSS errors. 
    Friday, August 20, 2010 7:57 PM
  • try running this from a cmd prompt on the exchange 2007 server and rectify the exchagne 2007 writers issues if any 

CMD$> vssadmin list writers

thanks,

Parag Agrawal

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, September 13, 2010 10:42 AM
  • Hi,

Please reopen this thread if this issue persists. For now i am closing this thread.

Thanks Shyama Hembram[MSFT] This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:46 PM