none
DPM not backing up user data in Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Server and Clients are both running 3.0.7707.0. We are already backing up our server with DPM. 

We are exploring to use DPM to backup our Windows desktop. I created a group to backup my documents, desktop, bookmarks, etc. The desktop is configured in the following way. There are 3 users:

• user1 is a local account with admin rights to the desktop
    • user2 is a domain account with admin rights to the desktop. This is an account admin uses to configure desktop. 
    • user3 is a domain account with admin rights to the desktop. This is an actual user of the desktop whose data i want to backup.

Both workstation and DPM server are joined to the same domain. Clients are windows 7. 

I installed the agent manually on the client using "installer_file.exe DPM_Server_Name" command. I then attached it on the DPM server using user2 credential. I set it to backup every week with synchronizatoin happening every 24 hours. 

Problem:

backup runs fine, but i'm only seeing user1 and user2 under the recovery tab. No entry for user3. When the backup ran, user3 was currently logged on to her machine. why is user3 not getting backed up? do i need to get each user to enter their credential when i attach the client?

• Edited by rickybud7 Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:42 PM
    Friday, April 6, 2012 4:53 PM

All replies

• anyone has a suggestion maybe? i'm still stuck at this. i tried installing it on 3 station they all behave the same way, not backing up user3 data. when i spin up a fresh win 7 VM, it does backup user3 data. 
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:02 PM