Help resolve cube can not be found error in PAS 6.3 with hot fix RRS feed

• General discussion

• We are having trouble installing Proclarity Professional 6.3 with hot fix on a particular user's machine.  Once I get the download manager installed and then install 6.3 and then the hot fix, I can not connect to the cubes.  Using standard version, I can connect.  The error in Professional is "The selected page can not be opened because the cube could not be found".  Other users are able to access the cubes from Professional.  SSAS and PAS run from the same server.  It is just this one particular machine that is having issues.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times and have even cleaned the registry and file system as laid out here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/proclarity/thread/695e92f3-7613-443b-b3eb-cd4b234498cb

We are running Windows XP (I believe SP2) - all other users are fine. 

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.

Beth

Monday, March 22, 2010 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Beth,

A couple of things to check here would be to ensure the correct OLEDB provider is installed for the OS to connect to SSAS.  After confirming the OLAP 9.0 provider is installed you'll want to make sure that ProClarity is using that specific provider to connect..  In Professional, click File > Options > OLAP Provider... if 9.0 is not selected, click 'Change Provider' to switch.  In the 'Connect' screen in pro, you might try clicking 'Advanced' and then specifying provider\credentials when connecting.  If one user's credentials fails here, what about a different user's credentials?

Hth,

Sean

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 10:13 PM