Microsoft Remote Desktop on Windows Phone 10 (Preview) unable to connect to 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Farm RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Remote Desktop on Windows Phone 10 (Preview) is unable to connect to a 2012 R2 Remote Desktop Farm, whilst Windows 7, 8(.1) and 10 on a regular computer have no issues (either through browser based Web Access or RemoteApp and Desktop Connections).

The current build 8.1.9.2 of Remote Desktop returns error: "We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled. Inquiring minds might find this error code helpful: 0x204"

The preview build 10.1.844.0 of Remote Desktop returns error: "We couldn't connect to the remote PC. Make sure the PC is turned on and connected to the network, and that remote access is enabled."

When I connect to a single server farm (that is RD Gateway and Connection Broker on a single server (with a single certificate) it works fine. When I connect to a RD Gateway/Web Access NLB cluster with the Connection Broker installed on the same servers, and different certificates for RDG/RDWA and RDCB (since the RDCB doesn't support NLB but instead uses DNS round robin), connection fails.

Since Windows Phone 8 also didn't work, I first suspected it to be a problem with the App. However, on the previous build of Windows Phone 10 Preview it was working OK, until I upgraded to build 10.0.10568.63. I therefore suspect it has something to do with the Windows Phone build, possibly with SSL connectivity due to the different certificates used.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

Bart Hoofd

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 7:42 AM