SharePoint 2007 Server- Document Voting Buttons or Attach Survey to a Document RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am a newbie SharePoint administrator, however, I need to figure out how to add either voting buttons to a document or a survey to a document.  After the reader reviews the document, I would like for them to vote on to give feedback.  Right now, I went to the document library, created a column which will allow me choices as a column header but it has no effect on the document.  I assume this is not the way to go.  Any advice?

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sp 2007 does not provided rating and feedback features OOTB so you have to build it via code.I have found one good codeplex toll which seems for rating system in SP 2007 so you can also download it.

http://sptoolbasket.codeplex.com/

> created a column which will allow me choices as a column header but it has no effect on the document.

Any doc library will not affect to document. column just for saving metadata with file. So you can not expect any column value in within document.

Hope it could help

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:29 AM
  • Hi,

I am not sure I understand- I downloaded the toolbasket but I am not sure where it will show up.  Can you please elaborate?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:34 PM