none
Clarity on SUG and Type of Deployment - Documentation error? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Was reading the documentation on and came across the following at link below which I needed to get clarified...

If a SUG is previously deployed, can the deployment be modified from REQUIRED to AVAILABE after the fact?   Seems I'm able to do so but the documentation looks to indicate that this isn't possible...  Doc says (link and verbiage below) that "after you create the software update deployment, you cannot later change the type of deployment".

Also, If I click on the DEPLOYMENT tab when a Software Update Group is selected, I can right click the deployment and choose to ENABLE or DISABLE... If I choose to disable the deployment, when viewing the deployment directly under Monitoring\Deployments, it doesn't reflect the change to DISABLED... there isn't actually a column to list this field.  I would have thought the relationship to change the status to Available from Required or at least be visible as Enabled or Disabled.

Thank you for any clarification in advance to either question!

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712304.aspx#BKMK_SUMDeploy

On the Deployment Settings page, configure the following settings:

• Type of deployment: Specify the deployment type for the software update deployment. Select Required to create a mandatory software update deployment in which the software updates are automatically installed on clients before a configured installation deadline. Select Available to create an optional software update deployment that is available for users to install from Software Center.
      ImportantImportant
      After you create the software update deployment, you cannot later change the type of deployment.

Jay D

Friday, December 27, 2013 7:15 PM

Answers

All replies