none
Travel Management Application in Share point Online

Question

• HI All

Please clarify whether it is possible in Share Point Online 

An employee is travelling in a single itinerary to 3 destinations – From A to B to C and back to A 

He sends a request for approval of his itinerary to his manager.

Ideally the manager should receive ONLY 1 request for approval

System is generating 3 separate requests and not 1 (We are told that it is limitation of share point online)

This is very inconvenient for a Senior level executive to approve 3 request though ideally it is 1.

I am not convinced as a limitation of MS product

Kindly help/clarify whether it is possible to get 1 request for approval irrespective of multiple destinations

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 11:58 AM

All replies

• This is entirely dependent on the way that you've built the tool.

I think I know why it's happening and the reason for that decision based on experience but you need to talk to the developer that built the site and ask them why they say it can't be done.

We can't see your approval system, we can't tell you how it works. We'd need to know both of those things before we could tell you how you could change it.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 12:30 PM
  • It is possible but has dependency on the system how you have build it. Please check how the approval process implemented in the system.  

I guess the approval request is passed for each destination instead, you can send approval for itinerary which includes all destination.

Hope this will help hou

Senthilrajan Kaliyaperumal

Thursday, June 9, 2016 5:52 AM