WDS bug report RRS feed

• Question

• I've successfully installed Windows Server 2019. I've installed the following Roles: ADDS, DHCP, WDS. Active directory works fine, dhcp work proper. WDS when i try to open the WDS manager will freeze. I've installed in multiple system so it's not a problem with my VMWare Workstation 14. Also i've tried both versions. Standard and Data Center. 

Second glitch it's the network settings. When you right click on ethernet icon and try to go to advance option. On the left panel click Ethernet and first option it's to change Adapter option. You will get an error which said that you don't have enough rights to do that. I've created a new user with Domain Admin, Enterprise Admin, Administrators groups yet no success. So the single way to change the ip address on the adapter you have to go to advance option and get back into the ethernet icon. 

IIS services will not detect your website if you haven't created before the A record or CN in DNS. So you have to create it it first in DNS the name of the record.

Sometimes the dashboard will not close just hang in there. I assigned to my Server 16 Cores and 12 GB of RAM so i don't think it's a problem with my spec.

After installation of AD DS and automatically restart will occur when the Windows it's loading back it's take at least 10 minute to set up the new settings of AD DS.

Hope this will help in solving this Issues

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your detail sharing.

As Windows Server 2019 is preview version which has not been released until now, you can post you feedback/suggestion on Windows Server – General Feedback forum, as far as I know, Microsoft product team will check the forum and read your feedback/suggestion:
    https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295047-general-feedback

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Cryzalid Friday, June 22, 2018 1:53 AM
    Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:02 AM