none
DPM 2010 agent deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am about to deploy a few 1000 DPM 2010 agents to Windows XP SP3 computers. These computers reside in multiple geograpichal locations. I have setup a DPM 2010 server in each site. I have written a script to have the dpm client installed and pointing to the correct server but i would like to if you could also script to which protection group the client should use?

regards,

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 11:49 AM

Answers

• You should try to adapt this script to be executed on the client side (powershell can do that) and add the client to the desired protection group.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:52 PM

All replies

• The script to add computers to a certain protection group must be written in powershell.

You can take example on the following link : http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/931af193-cd5c-4e75-b3d6-16fd1b6a2b35

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:23 PM
  • hi,

the above script seems that it must be run from the server side. I require something that can run automattically from the client side.

regards,

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:39 AM
  • You should try to adapt this script to be executed on the client side (powershell can do that) and add the client to the desired protection group.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:52 PM