none
Group Policy for mapping drives works.........but is blank!

Question

• I seem to experience a strange bug.

Im pushing group policies to map drives on my clients. Lets say

Z: Temp

M: Marketing

C: Clients

And they get pushed correctly.

I entered one of the policies because I had to check something and it is blank. There is no drive letter to mapped location. Yet, they are still being pushed to my clients because they appear.

Why is this? Doing a gpresult also tells me that the policy is being applied.

Saturday, March 28, 2015 2:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Would you please update us the out put of the gpresult on the server?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards.

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Yes.

I made a 101 stupid mistake: I was looking at "Shared folders" instead of "Drive maps". Apoligies

Monday, March 30, 2015 4:01 PM

All replies

• lets take a look at the gpresult
    Saturday, March 28, 2015 4:02 PM
  • lets take a look at the gpresult

I looked at gpresult on the client side and they were getting pushed........Also the drive letters were appearing.

But on the server side, if I edit the policy, there is actually nothing. Its a blank policy.

Sunday, March 29, 2015 9:58 AM
  • Sounds curious, ok do gpresults wizard from the server. Or are you saying you've done this and the policy is blank?
    Sunday, March 29, 2015 10:18 AM
  • Sounds curious, ok do gpresults wizard from the server. Or are you saying you've done this and the policy is blank?
    No. I havent done gpresults from the server. Ill test that tommorow
    Sunday, March 29, 2015 1:27 PM
  • Hi,

Best Regards.

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 30, 2015 9:16 AM
  • Hi,

Best Regards.

Elaine

Yes.

I made a 101 stupid mistake: I was looking at "Shared folders" instead of "Drive maps". Apoligies

Monday, March 30, 2015 4:01 PM
  • Great so issue resolved
    Monday, March 30, 2015 7:52 PM