Power Settings involuntarily change RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am having problems with my Samsung ativ book 9 lite. I don't know why but it seems to prefer the power savings plan. When I turn my computer on, the power saving mode is the default plan (this happens even if i switched to high performance just before I switched the computer off). And if I change it to some other plan, it  will automatically goes back to the power savings mode after a while. Will someone please help me on this? 
    Sunday, October 26, 2014 2:05 PM

All replies

• Some programs may be conflicting. Check if there is any setting that may cause this phenomenon, which means not only programs but BIOS settings.

Double check Event logs for errors and warnings.

HTH

Milos

Sunday, October 26, 2014 9:51 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Milos Puchta , it possibly be a software conflict issue, especially your newly installed program which is related with power management, so if this issue happened recently, please check the newly installed software.

For BIOS, please examine the BIOS settings, a user may have changed the settings recently which affect the operation system, meanwhile, I would suggest you keep the latest BIOS version, you can find more information from the manufacture website.

Windows has a default Power Troubleshooter under Control Panel\All control panel items\Troubleshooting\System and Security\Power, check if it can detect someting.

Please also check whether this issue happens on both "plugged in" or "on battery", keep windows up-to-date, keep the latest display\audio driver.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:30 AM