none
IE doesn't like Sharepoint... RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried many many versions of IE. Right now I'm going back to IE 8 in hopes that it will work with SharePoint 2010. I've had a range of problems that have crept up as I've setup my SharePoint site. IE10 suddenly stopped providing me a save option for office documents being downloaded from the server (open or cancel only) no matter what I did. I finally quit fighting it and went back to IE9, which resurrected my save option, but now I've lost my People Picker functionality. Granting permission from any location on the site works, but the people picker "Check Names" option does nothing as does the "Add" button in the Users/Groups search box. It works perfectly in Firefox and Chrome. As a matter of fact, the only things that do work with SharePoint without issues, are non-Microsoft products. I expect things like this in my Linux environments, but my Microsoft environments should be far more stable. Does anyone have any clues as to what could be causing all these issues with IE?
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:33 PM

Answers

• XML DOM Document Addon...For some reason this was disabled. For some other unknown reason, only IE8 told me that "The current webpart is requesting an addon that has been disabled". Why would the oldest product be the only to give good information?
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:08 PM

All replies

• XML DOM Document Addon...For some reason this was disabled. For some other unknown reason, only IE8 told me that "The current webpart is requesting an addon that has been disabled". Why would the oldest product be the only to give good information?
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 2:08 PM
  • Why would the oldest product be the only to give good information?

Because all the old external diagnostics, e.g. Status bar, script prompts, etc. were thought to be confusing and upsetting to many end-users, so all that has largely been hidden in other places, such as the Developer Tools, Console tab.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:35 PM
    Answerer