none
Manage Hyper-v 2012 R2 from Trusted Domain with Windows 10 Client

Question

• Hi,

i need manage an hyper-v 2012 R2 Host from a user in a trusted domain. It's Possible? My client is Windows 10 with the hyper-v tools installed

how can do this?

I follow this procedure but not work: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/virtualization/hyper-v/manage/remotely-manage-hyper-v-hosts

Both with logged user both Administrator of hyper-v host. With Administrator of hyper-v host the message is: "Unable to use this version of hyper-v tools to mange server that use Windows server 2012 or 2012 r2 as oteher users"

best regards

Tuesday, May 02, 2017 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

>>Both with logged user both Administrator of hyper-v host.

Please try to logon windows 10 server with hyper-v admin account then connect to hyper-v 2012R2 without using "connect as another user account" .

In my lab , I used hyper-v admin account to logon that windows 10 computer then connect to windows 2012R2 hyper-v host ,it worked .

If I try to connect to windows 2016 / win10 hyper-v , "connect as another user account" works perfectly .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 2:54 AM