none
Email between 2 domains

Question

• so ill try to lay it out as simple as possible i have 4 servers in 2 diefferent domains.

domainA -> server2012

server1 -> the DC only has DNS and ADDS installed

server2 -> has IIS + exchange2013

DomainB -> server2016

server3 -> DNS and ADDS

server4 -> IIS exchange2016

All in the same network range, they can all ping each other no problem. also added secondary dns zones in each domain of the other domains zone. (including the MX of each zone)

now when i log on to the /ecp fo each domain i can send emails between users no problem. Now i wanted to send email from DomainA to domainB, so i added a send connecter in each exchange server pointing towards the others domain name.(impretty sure i did it right) from the 2016 exchange servers when i send a message to the exchange 2013 i get a send message error and ican see the failed message in the sent file. but when i send from the exchange 2013 i dont even see it in the sent section. other than the send connectors is there more set up so that both domains can send messaged to each other that im missing?

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:28 PM

All replies

• If you're pretty sure you did it right, then it must work.  I can't say that I'm pretty sure that you did it right because you provided no specifics of what it is you did.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:18 PM
  • Hi,

From your post, I understand they are two independent Exchange organizations. In addition to the send connector, please also make sure you have added the Anonymous users group to the Permission Groups on the Default FrontEnd Receive Connectors on the Exchange 2013 and Exchange 2016 server.

After this, send a test email again and see if you get any error messages or NDR. If yes, please post the complete messages here. Also, you can run a basic Telnet testing following the official article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/153119/xfor-telnet-to-port-25-to-test-smtp-communication

If you have any feedback, please let us know.

Regards,

Alex Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alex Sun MS Friday, September 22, 2017 5:26 PM
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:27 AM
  • Hi,

Any feedback on this issue? Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Alex Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:25 PM