Windows 10 enterprise 1703 shows error while performing windows updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have few windows10-1703 server where patches are not getting installed.And when I tried performing windows update I got below error too.

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8024000d)

After lot of search I have enabled below settings on local security policy of those machine and it started downloading few updates.

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Defer Windows Updates, and clicking on the entry Select when Feature Updates are received.

Do I need to enable these settings on all windows 10 machine to fix the issue ? 

Also is there any issue by enabling this defer windows updates ?

Can anyone help me with this please ?

• Edited by Shimith Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:13 AM
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Shimith,

Where do you update the windows 10 1703 clients, from WSUS server or Microsoft Update server or patch them manually.

If we could download the update files successfully while having issues installing the updates, then, we'd check the CBS log on the Windows 10 clients.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 30, 2017 10:14 AM
  • We are using wsus to download patches and when we try download patch manually in windows 10 enterprise 1703 we are seeing the issue.
    Friday, June 30, 2017 11:14 AM
  • Hi Shimith,

What is the version of the WSUS server, to deploy updates for win10 1703, we need WSUS 4.0 or higher;

Besides, on the WSUS server, please reset windows update components, check if it could help:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 5:37 AM