Windows Update Service in Server 2012 r2 : Post install is starting Fatal Error: Failed to start and configure the WSUS service RRS feed

• Question

• I am treying add server role of windows update service in windows server 2012 r 2, I am getting following error. I aready tried to remove wssus site from iis , but did`nt succeed, my server is windows server 2012 r -Stand alone Role with latest updates.

Please hope your reply

Log file is located at C:\Users\administrator.%mydomainname%\AppData\Local\Temp\2\tmpE061.tmp

Post install is starting
    Fatal Error: Failed to start and configure the WSUS service

Thanks

SMR-Admin

Sunday, November 12, 2017 11:42 AM

All replies

• Is .NET 4.7 installed on the server? If so, remove it, try installing WSUS and it should work. Afterwards you can then re-install .NET 4.7 if needed. The WSUS installer currently has issues with .NET 4.7.

Adam Marshall, MCSE: Security
    http://www.adamj.org

Sunday, November 12, 2017 3:56 PM
  • Hi,

Have you checked this article regarding similar issue :

https://www.kjctech.net/fixing-failed-to-start-and-configure-the-wsus-service-in-windows-server-2012-r2/

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 5:34 AM
  • I tried to uninstall  .NET 4.7  and after restarted server, the problem now the server did`NT  booted to GUI, it stop on command prompt. How can i restore GUI. I do no why it got problem my GUI and i only uninstalled .NET 4.7.

Appreciate your help, please

Thanks & Regards

Shameer

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:51 PM
  • Thanks. I recovered GUI and Power shell using above steps. I learned some expereince now, and I will try again to uninstall again .NET feature only. 

Thanks

SMR

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates ?

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:30 AM