Front ends trying to poll DC on port 5061 RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me why I would continue to get SCOM alerts that my Lync FE's in a enterprise pool are trying to communicate with all of my domain controllers on port 5061?

There si no firewall blocking this but there is also nothing listening on port 5061 on my DC's

Last modified by: System

Last modified time: 1/21/2017 11:01:56 AM Alert description: Connection attempt to at least one service in a pool failed.

Cause: The specified service(s) are unavailable.

Resolution:

Check the servers in the pool(s) on which the service(s) are installed.

Please see the 'Product Knowledge' and the 'Alert Context' tab on Alert Properties view for more information.

Notification subscription ID generating this message: {7FB909AB-87FE-07F8-72C5-6A91B7C78C2F}

this does not seem to be service impacting but kind of annoying any help is appreceated.

thank you

Monday, January 23, 2017 10:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

Which error or alter indicate FE communicate with DC using port 5061?

Port 5061 is used by Standard Edition servers and Front End pools for all internal SIP communications between servers (MTLS), for SIP communications between Server and Client (TLS) and for SIP communications between Front End Servers and Mediation Servers (MTLS). Also used for communications with a Monitoring Server. so it should not be used for communication with DC. Please make sure you don’t have install any SFB server roles or SFB client on any DCs.

If not, we suggest you post any errors or alters to us for troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Tuesday, January 24, 2017 12:44 PM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 5:47 AM