Cannot find the recall message button anywere RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I am in need to help

I cannot find the recall button anywhere. 

It is not in my actions ribbon, and I went into setting and could not find it to add there either.

Has it been renamed or removed? I have been trying to solve this problem for an hour and am getting very frustrated.

Can anyone help please?

I have been trying on outlook online and also in the computer app and so far, no luck what so ever.

Thank you in advance 

Monday, November 4, 2019 1:08 PM

All replies

• You can find the recall button only when you open an email item (from sent items):

I did tried and opened an email from sent items and could see the recall button there.

Please let me know how it goes:

Best Regards
    Jatin Makhija
    If my suggestion helps to resolve the issue, Please Click "Mark as Answer"

Monday, November 4, 2019 1:15 PM
  • Hi Aclm,

What's the version of your Outlook client? (File > Office Accunt > About Outlook). Are you using Outlook for Mac or Outlook for Windows? There's no feature to recall sent email messages in any version of Outlook for Mac.

To recall a message, first please double click on a sent email to open it in a new window. Then on the Message tab, you can see the Actions tab, click it and you can recall the message from here. Here is an article for your reference: Recall a message.

If you still can't find the Recall button, please double click on a sent email to open it in a new window and then click File > Quick Access Toolbar, see if you can find the Recall button here (Add it ) or just click "Reset".

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 2:29 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

I'm glad to see your issue has been fixed.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information. This will make answer searching in the forum easier!

Request/Expectation:

Cannot find the recall message button anywere

Solution Summary:

To recall a message, first please double click on a sent email to open it in a new window. Then on the Message tab, you can see the Actions tab, click it and you can recall the message from here. Here is an article for your reference: Recall a message.

If you still can't find the Recall button, please double click on a sent email to open it in a new window and then click File > Quick Access Toolbar, see if you can find the Recall button here (Add it ) or just click "Reset".

Reference Links:

Recall a message.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 7:11 AM