call forwarding issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One Skype for business user turned off her call forwarding, but the call is still forwarded to another person.

Do you have any idea to fix it?

Thanks

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 3:34 PM

Answers

• Hi JackLN,

Find the affected user and a normal user’s distinguishedName name in ADSI EDIT, then run the following commands in CMD on DC to get their AD attributes settings. Compare the outputs:

Ldifde -f c:\mbxldi.txt -d "the distinguished name of the user"

Besides, to find out the call forwarding related attributes, I suggest LDAP(run the above command) to get a user’s AD Attributes first, then enable call forward for this user, run the command to LDAP his AD attributes again. Compare the two files, you would be able to know which attribute is related to this setting.

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, September 9, 2016 10:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, September 9, 2016 10:28 AM
    Saturday, August 6, 2016 3:06 AM

All replies

• Check the mobile client.   When it's first run it asks for your phone number, it's just a seperate area where a call could simultaneously ring.  Beyond that, check regular call forwarding from the mobile client as well to ensure it's not set from that client as well. 

Do you know who the call is forwarded to?  Does the endpoint ring at all?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:00 PM
  • Thanks for reply. The user doesn't use S4B on the mobile. And the calls are successfully forwarded to the colleague.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:19 PM
  • Then I'd ensure replication is occuring across all servers using get-csmanagementstorereplicationstatus, that you can confirm the user owns that LineURI and that it's not in use by a response group or other, and that forwarding is really turned off by signing the user in on a separate client.

If those are all confirmed, it would be time to hit the debug logger and watch SIPStack and S4.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 4:49 PM
  • Hi JackLN,

Would you please tell us if the issue only appeared on the specific user and client?

If the issue only appeared on the specified SFB client, please try to delete SFB cache files and test again, make sure both your SFB client and server with the latest update.

If the issue only happen to the specific user, please try to compare the user attributes on AD between this affected user and other normal user.

If it appeared on multiple users, please try the method provided by Anthony.

Here is an article about SFB call forwarding

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-Call-Forwarding-options-in-Skype-for-Business-1ec2e7fb-471c-4c35-bc90-a35991b3f532?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Alice Wang

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:14 AM
  • Hi JackLN,

Would you please tell us if the issue only appeared on the specific user and client?

If the issue only appeared on the specified SFB client, please try to delete SFB cache files and test again, make sure both your SFB client and server with the latest update.

If the issue only happen to the specific user, please try to compare the user attributes on AD between this affected user and other normal user.

If it appeared on multiple users, please try the method provided by Anthony.

Here is an article about SFB call forwarding

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-Call-Forwarding-options-in-Skype-for-Business-1ec2e7fb-471c-4c35-bc90-a35991b3f532?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Alice Wang

Hi Alice, I deleted the S4B cache file on user's machine, but the call is still forwarded. The issue is only happened on one user.

I check the attibute of user's account, but I did not find out anything related, could you tell me which attribute I should look into?

get-csmanagementstorereplicationstatus looks good, I will try to trace the call later.

Thanks

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

I traced the call. From the logs, I did not find out any information of recipient, but I can see the contact/ P-Asserted-Identity are the SIP number of delegate user.

And idea?

===========================

Message-Type: response
    Start-Line: SIP/2.0 183 Session Progress
    From: "me"<sip:me@company.com>;tag=0fa9f1d8c2;epid=205e8b6f0e
    To: <sip:+xxxxxx74836@company.com;user=phone>;epid=ecbbece8cf;tag=ff60a97af6
    Call-ID: ab301bca0a3e4f43a6cc923882ac9785
    CSeq: 1 INVITE
    Contact: <sip:delegateuser@company.com;opaque=user:epid:FJ2pQMVey1SBcP2i4GZJIwAA;gruu>
    Via: SIP/2.0/TLS 10.24.208.62:60335;branch=z9hG4bK6DCAAB96.B5D18B1352FAC6B7;branched=FALSE;ms-received-port=60335;ms-received-cid=B16B200
    Via: SIP/2.0/TLS 10.24.209.3:50894;ms-received-port=50894;ms-received-cid=FDF300
    Record-Route: <sip:xxxx-LYNC01.company.com:5061;transport=tls;opaque=state:T;lr>
    Record-Route: <sip:xxxx-LYNC01.company.com:5061;transport=tls;lr>
    Record-Route: <sip:xxxx-LYNC01.company.com:5061;transport=tls;opaque=state:T;lr>;tag=CA111FA4DAD0799190E37AC409E38070
    Content-Length: 957
    Content-Type: application/sdp
    P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:delegateuser@company.com>

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 2:09 PM
  • Let's try this:

Can you have the user remove all of their delegates from the client, then have them set forwarding to make the calls go to you.  If that's successful, have them re-disable forwarding.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:13 PM
  • Let's try this:

Can you have the user remove all of their delegates from the client, then have them set forwarding to make the calls go to you.  If that's successful, have them re-disable forwarding.

There is no delegation on the user's client at present. I tried to setup different forwarding option and then turn it off, but it was not resoved the issue.
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:36 PM
  • If you set up a different forward and don't turn it off, does it affect forwarding?

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:40 PM
  • Hi JackLN,

Find the affected user and a normal user’s distinguishedName name in ADSI EDIT, then run the following commands in CMD on DC to get their AD attributes settings. Compare the outputs:

Ldifde -f c:\mbxldi.txt -d "the distinguished name of the user"

Besides, to find out the call forwarding related attributes, I suggest LDAP(run the above command) to get a user’s AD Attributes first, then enable call forward for this user, run the command to LDAP his AD attributes again. Compare the two files, you would be able to know which attribute is related to this setting.

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, September 9, 2016 10:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, September 9, 2016 10:28 AM
    Saturday, August 6, 2016 3:06 AM