none
Offline media RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have gone into 'Advance' settings and created offline media for one of our remote offices. I have edited the CS.ini and Bootstrap.ini files to have not reference to our server deployment share. When booting off the media I click "Run the Deployment Wizard...". The following error appears "A connection to the deployment share(\\192.168.x.x) could not be made.

Anyone have any ideas why it would be looking for our network server when this is meant for offline deployment?

I have been scanning the offline media to see if there are an hard-coded reference to our server, but for the life of me I can't find any.

Here are copies of my .ini files:

BOOTSTRAP

[Settings]
    Priority=Default

[Default]
    _SMSTSOrgName=Support Deployment

CS.ini

[Settings]
    Priority=ByVMType, Model, Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[ByVMType]
    Subsection=IsVM-%ISVM%

[IsVM-True]
    BitsPerPel=32
    VRefresh=60
    XResolution=1024
    YResolution=768

[HP Compaq dc5800 Small Form Factor]
    BitsPerPel=32
    VRefresh=60
    XResolution=1280
    YResolution=1024

[OptiPlex 9010]
    BitsPerPel=32
    VRefresh=60
    XResolution=1280
    YResolution=1024

[Default]
    _SMSTSOrgName=Support Deployment
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipDeploymentType=NO
    SkipTaskSequence=NO
    SkipCapture=YES
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipUserData=YES
    UserDataLocation=NONE
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    KeyboardLocale=0409:00000409
    UserLocale=en-us
    UILanguage=en-us
    SkipTimeZone=YES
    TimeZoneName=Eastern Standard Time
    ComputerBackupLocation=NONE
    SkipApplications=NO
    SkipAppsOnUpgrade=YES
    SkipSummary=NO
    HIDESHELL=YES
    SkipFinalSummary=NO
    FinishAction=REBOOT

Thank you

ZT

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 2:53 PM

Answers

• Zoe,

It all depends how you have created the offline media. Did you use the MEDIA option in MDT, and create a MEDIA Source? Because this will be a copy of your deploymentshare except without the boot image, bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini of your deploymentshare, this media will have it's own boot image, bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini which you can manage, by managing the media in your deployment share.

If you have built something custom, then know that in your boot image, the bootstrap.ini is embedded, and if this bootstrap.ini refers to your share, then there's your problem.

Please see the following two links for reference how you can create USB Media for your deploymentshare, and take into consideration, this media has it's OWN bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini

Create Windows 7 Media for Deployment

Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Offline Media

Good luck and keep us posted!

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:51 PM

All replies

• Zoe,

It all depends how you have created the offline media. Did you use the MEDIA option in MDT, and create a MEDIA Source? Because this will be a copy of your deploymentshare except without the boot image, bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini of your deploymentshare, this media will have it's own boot image, bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini which you can manage, by managing the media in your deployment share.

If you have built something custom, then know that in your boot image, the bootstrap.ini is embedded, and if this bootstrap.ini refers to your share, then there's your problem.

Please see the following two links for reference how you can create USB Media for your deploymentshare, and take into consideration, this media has it's OWN bootstrap.ini and customsettings.ini

Create Windows 7 Media for Deployment

Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Offline Media

Good luck and keep us posted!

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:51 PM
  • Keith,

I just re-created the media once again. It worked this time. I didn't make any changes. Doubled checked all my .ini files and again there was no reference to our deployment server.

Did an offline test and bingo worked this time. Thanx for taking the time to respond.

ZT

Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:26 PM