saa_bootstrap stay in Stopping status ! RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,<o:p></o:p>

I work as technical support for a financial application installed on top of Windows server 2008 R2 . The problem occurs when a service named saa_bootstrap stay in stopping status. The application itself try to stop and to start this service in some situation (like application upgrade). The status 'Stopping' prevent the upgrade of the application.<o:p></o:p>

I do a lot a search about this problem but without any clear answer.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks, <o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 12:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Reda.S,

>I mean the only choice to stopped this service is only by restart the whole windows server

Could that be stopped with task manager?

And maybe you could also try to contact the application vendor for how to change the settings.

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mary Dong Monday, November 7, 2016 9:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mary Dong Wednesday, November 9, 2016 8:42 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2016 5:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Reda.S,

Thanks for your post.

May I know what is the service? It's your financial application related service?

Could you please change the status of the service to have a check.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh849849.aspx

In addition, if it is the 3rd party software/application. I suggest you could also confirm the application vendor for more details about the upgrade and start status.

Best Regards,

Mary

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 6:36 AM
  • Thx Mary,

if i restart the windows server after i change startup type to Manual, the service saa_boostrap will be in the status ''Stopped'' . Then i can start it manually. The problem occur again if i / or the application try to stopped it.

I mean the only choice to stopped this service is only by restart the whole windows server

Best Regards,

Reda

Saturday, October 29, 2016 7:26 AM
  • Hi Reda.S,

>I mean the only choice to stopped this service is only by restart the whole windows server

Could that be stopped with task manager?

And maybe you could also try to contact the application vendor for how to change the settings.

Best Regards,

Mary

• Proposed as answer by Mary Dong Monday, November 7, 2016 9:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mary Dong Wednesday, November 9, 2016 8:42 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2016 5:27 AM