none
Win 8.1 domain and I do not have login nor password on dell laptop/tablet combination inspirion 2015 was sold RRS feed

• Question

• is there a work around tried resetting win 8 reformat factory reset enter bios cannot even get the boot order to boot from usb do to the fact that everything I try either says device will not boot error or admin password request keeps popping up what do I do work around please it was a gift for my daughter I dont believe this was a stolen devive I looked into it but I am intermediate at best with Microsoft software but can follow instruction please help

• Edited by JJclark7569 Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:35 PM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I would suggest you to login to the built-in admin account and check:

1. Click on Start icon and select Command Prompt run as administrator there.

2. Accept the UAC prompt.

3. Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account: net user administrator /active:yes

Note: To disable the account follow the instructions : net user administrator /active:no

If you can log into the Default Administrator account, follow these steps to perform System Restore:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + R to open a Run Dialog.

b. Type %systemroot%\system32\rstrui.exe.

c. Press Enter and select a restore point before the account got deleted.

If issue persists, also try this:

Try to save the password in credential manager and check. Refer to the steps below:

1.     Press Windows key + X.

2.    Click on Control Panel.

3.    Click on "Credential Manager" and select "Windows Credentials".

4.    Go down to "Generic Credentials" and select "MicrosoftAccount:user=<user_name>" (where <user_name> should be your user name).

5.    Click "Edit" and Change the password and press "Save".

6.    Check if issue persists.

Hope these are helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 14, 2019 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 3:03 AM