Outbound Email from Exchange Blocked RRS feed

• Question

• We use Exchange 2010 on an internal server and our mail is setup to use mail.messaging.microsoft.com as a smart host for outbound email.  We keep getting emails bounced back because of SPAMHAUS.  While we understand why the IP is blocked, we are not trying to spam, we are trying to use the service we pay for.

Does anyone know what can be done about this?  They delist it then suddenly it stops working again.

------------------- Reitzel Technology www.reitzeltechnology.com

Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

just to make sure I've understand your question right :-)

Does FOPE block your IP-address when you send an outgoing email from your Exchange server or does the reciepient block the email you have sent over FOPE?

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:44 PM
  • FOPE is blocking the IP because of SpamHaus RBL.  Our office does not have a Static IP since we always relayed through the AntiSpam providers.

------------------- Reitzel Technology www.reitzeltechnology.com

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:45 PM
  • Hi,

as far as I know FOPE only works only with a static IP address. That's why you have to enter your public IP in the startup configuration. There FOPE will check the connectivity to your Exchange server.

I don't think it would be a big deal to get a static IP address from your provider.

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:52 PM