When typing the cursor will stop typing and you willhaveto click again where you stopped and start over RRS feed

• Question

• When in a program (IE 11 or Word, Outlook, etc..) my User will begin typing. After a few characters the system will just stop accepting the typing. The User will have to Click in to the field to get the cursor back to the correct point & begin typing from that point.

This seems to happen very frequently for all my users.  We recently deployed new PCs with Win 7 32-byte on them to everyone.  Has anyone seen this happen and have any remedy for it?

I have replaced the keyboard thinking that is the issue but upon further research I am leaning more toward it being a Windows 7 issue.

Les Rose Network Administrator

Monday, January 20, 2014 5:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue may be caused by the below reasons:

1. The mouse. The cursor missing from the current page may be caused by the mouse lost its focus point, this may because of the mouse itself or some other elements(Mouse pads and mouse drivers) which may affect the function of the mouse. If laptops, please try to disable touch board.
    2. Other applications. Please check if there are any applications(Usually some virus or scripts) running automatically when typing, some applications may call the cursor out when it starts.
    3. Network connection. If you use the wireless network, please make sure the connection is well configured on the client side, check WLAN NICs and the driver.
    4. The printer driver. In addition to this, please also verify the PC have all the other drivers up-to-date.

Please take a health check and update the anti-virus databases, if possible try a clean boot , also change a mouse and check the other aspects and see if the problem still exists.

Hope this may help,

Best regards

Michael

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by Michael_LS Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:45 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This issue may be caused by the below reasons:

1. The mouse. The cursor missing from the current page may be caused by the mouse lost its focus point, this may because of the mouse itself or some other elements(Mouse pads and mouse drivers) which may affect the function of the mouse. If laptops, please try to disable touch board.
    2. Other applications. Please check if there are any applications(Usually some virus or scripts) running automatically when typing, some applications may call the cursor out when it starts.
    3. Network connection. If you use the wireless network, please make sure the connection is well configured on the client side, check WLAN NICs and the driver.
    4. The printer driver. In addition to this, please also verify the PC have all the other drivers up-to-date.

Please take a health check and update the anti-virus databases, if possible try a clean boot , also change a mouse and check the other aspects and see if the problem still exists.

Hope this may help,

Best regards

Michael

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by Michael_LS Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:45 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:26 AM
  • I am experiencing the same issue, and so are Windows 8 computers. We didn't have this issue until a couple of months ago.  Also, if the cursor is in the same input box, and over the text that I've already typed, eventually the text will be entered where the cursor is. And, I have disabled the touchpad and used an external mouse. I've also experienced this on desktops.
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:35 AM