Windows 7 folder for Power User RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 7 Power User account which cannot update some file in the C:\Windows or C:\Prgoram Files.

Does any one have idea for sorting this out apart from taking ownership of that folder?

Friday, July 8, 2011 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Ivan 2008,

Power User group does not exist in Windows 7.

Trusted installer is the owner of C:\Windows , you need to take ownership of the files. I've no other ideas for doing that.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, July 18, 2011 8:08 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:02 AM

All replies

• It's simple if any update is reporting an error or is not completing, you can take or download the setup of that update microft's website http://www.microsoft.com/ and install it but for knowing the name of that update (e.g. kb 971033) go in start menu> all programs> windows updates> and select the option from which your update is not installing> important updates or optional updates and from there you can know the update name of that update there and then take it from microsoft's website.
    Friday, July 8, 2011 3:30 PM
  • But it is not Windows Update.  And it is our inhouse program design throuth the logon script.

Any advise?

Saturday, July 9, 2011 4:01 AM
  • Hi Ivan 2008,

Power User group does not exist in Windows 7.

Trusted installer is the owner of C:\Windows , you need to take ownership of the files. I've no other ideas for doing that.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, July 18, 2011 8:08 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:02 AM