none
DPM 2012 & W7 backs up Downloads even when Excluded RRS feed

• Question

• This is a continuation of my thread from DPM 2010 as it still continues to plauge DPM 2012.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmfilebackup/thread/831cee53-fa3a-40b5-9bcd-fb3601caa72b

I've setup jobs just like the ones I had tested out in DPM 2010 which includes a main "User Profiles" Include and then a variety of Excludes.

• User Profiles - Include
    • My Music - Exclude
    • My Pictures - Exclude
    • My Videos - Exclude
    • Downloads - Exclude
    • Temporary Internet Files - Exclude

As with DPM 2010 the new DPM 2012 Beta performs exactly as 2010 did.  The backup system ignores My Music, My Pictures, & My Videos however it backs up the Downloads and Temporary Internet Files even though they're explicitly listed as Excludes.  This was confirmed as an issue in my other thread but it is as of now still unfixed in DPM 2010 and 2012.

Senior Systems Engineer - University of Central Florida
    • Moved by Larry Yin Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:01 PM (From:DPM 2012 Beta - Locked)
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 10:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I could not find a DPM bug opened on this, so I don't know that the product group is aware of this.  I will talk to Marc who said he was able to repro it in the other thread and we can open a DPM 2012 bug to get it fixed.

Thanks for reporting it <again>...

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I could not find a DPM bug opened on this, so I don't know that the product group is aware of this.  I will talk to Marc who said he was able to repro it in the other thread and we can open a DPM 2012 bug to get it fixed.

Thanks for reporting it <again>...

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:25 PM
  • Thanks for the update, glad to see some traction on this.
    Senior Systems Engineer - University of Central Florida
    Monday, December 19, 2011 1:22 PM