none
Date modified RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

all objects like scorecards and kpi´s have a date modified in the dashboard designer, is there a change to show this date in the deployed web pages, os the a user - which has no access to the dashboard designer - can see when the objects are modified?

Thanks
    Bernd
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 11:16 AM

Answers

•  There is nothing out-of-the-box that you can just check or reference to provide this information.  I would suggest setting up a SQL Server Table tabular data source to query the metadata in the PPSMonitoring database.  You could then possibly include this information into your KPI as a value and filter the item in the data mapping based on the name of the KPI (hopefully you are not reusing names, so that would be one thing to watch out for).  This should allow you to pull the Created information for the object from the FCObjects table.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by BerndZm Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:42 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:48 PM

All replies

• You can create custom properties for the object where you could store date information.  As far as referencing the Modified Date though I don't believe this is available out-of-the-box.  You are able to reference the Name, Description, and Person Responsible.  If you want this to be driven by the metadata then you would most likely need to look at utilizing the SDK.

Create or edit properties in Dashboard Designer

And in case you haven't seen this posting from the PerformancePoint Team blog about utilizing properties in scorecards Creating Scorecards without Duplicating KPI Properties for every Column Member.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 12:46 PM
  • I am not sure what you wanna see in the web page but In the score card you can have comment option which you can
    use for this purpose From the Edit tab of each score there is View Options and when you will click you will see that allow comment
    where you can have your change information.(As A Comment)
    I guess this is a cool features(Since scorecard reflects  KPIs so you can put there Modified Date Information)
    I think Dan's given is really useful in that way to explore more

Thanks
    Hope this helps you

Dibyant S U padhyay
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 8:22 PM
  • Hi,

i am looking for a simple way to display the date modified information in a automatic way, without editing a comment or editing a custom property.

Thanks
    Bernd
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:30 PM
  •  There is nothing out-of-the-box that you can just check or reference to provide this information.  I would suggest setting up a SQL Server Table tabular data source to query the metadata in the PPSMonitoring database.  You could then possibly include this information into your KPI as a value and filter the item in the data mapping based on the name of the KPI (hopefully you are not reusing names, so that would be one thing to watch out for).  This should allow you to pull the Created information for the object from the FCObjects table.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by BerndZm Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:42 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:48 PM