Unable to delete MP in SCOM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to remove a custom built, sealed management pack. I created also a few overrides which are stored in a 2nd (unsealed) MP. If I try to delete the unsealed override MP in order to upgrade the sealed MP I always get the following error message:

The selected management pack cannot be deleted. This might be because it is currently being deleted or it has already been deleted. If you think this message is in error, try again later.

As the message says, I waited several hours but without success so far. I found also this article which describes the same issue. 

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/7bb90b70-d05e-4586-8276-ee017d451bb8/delete-management-pack-from-scom-2012

That doesn't help either since my database has over 3 GB space available.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advanced,

Andy

Friday, November 29, 2013 12:59 PM

Answers

• Hmm unfortunately no one else seems to have an answer so here's what I would try:
    Export the Management Pack - if that doesn't work - create a Management Pack in the Authoring Console with the same Name
    Import the Management Pack
    Try deleting it again

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, December 6, 2013 9:40 AM
    Monday, December 2, 2013 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hmm, might be that the SQL process that is supposed to delete the MP got stuck or that your console cache is broken.

Can you check in the Operations Manager Shell if you can find the MP there still with get-scommanagementpack?

If not, it's your console cache which sometimes needs to be killed "manually" by deleting the folder: 
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console

Friday, November 29, 2013 2:08 PM
  • I've just double-checked if I can find the MP with the Operations Manager Shell. It is still there. I tried also to reboot the SCOM server without any success. I still get the same error message afterwards. 

Since I'm in a test environment I just try to restart the SQL services and see if that is helpful. ;-)

EDIT:

I deleted the console cache and restarted both SQL servers. I'm still not able to get rid of the MP. 

Does anyone have other suggestions?

• Edited by Andy Durrer Friday, November 29, 2013 2:46 PM
    Friday, November 29, 2013 2:24 PM
  • Hmm unfortunately no one else seems to have an answer so here's what I would try:
    Export the Management Pack - if that doesn't work - create a Management Pack in the Authoring Console with the same Name
    Import the Management Pack
    Try deleting it again

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, December 6, 2013 9:40 AM
    Monday, December 2, 2013 1:22 PM