none
How to download Business Contact Manager 2010

Question

• Hi, Actually I've downloaded MS office Professional Plus 2010 beta version and after that I tried working on Outlook with Business Contact Manager but to my disappointment this is showing error that BCMMS.dll is not installed or missing. Later I downloaded Business Contact Manager beta 2010 but this time the error is Business Contact Manager is not compatible with the Office version so either reinstall BCM or office. Now will you please tell me why is this happeing. I really need Business Contact manager with outlook.

Please..please...Help me...

Sunday, May 23, 2010 7:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

What is the version of your Office 2010 beta (32-bit or 64-bit)? Office and BCM bitness should be same, i.e. If you install 32-bit (64-bit) Office, install 32-bit (64-bit) BCM.

It seems that your BCM has not been installed correctly. So I suggest you uninstall completely and re-install.

In addition, you can download Business Contact Manager Beta from following locations.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, May 27, 2010 12:53 AM
    Monday, May 24, 2010 2:37 AM
  • Hi Jennifer,

I am having the same issue.  The beta BCM 2010 states that my Office version isn't compatible.  I am running Office 2010 on 32-bit machine.  The download you provided was published in November of last year.  Is there a more current version or can you offer another solution?  Unfortunately I have all of my business contacts in BCM and I have no way to access them.

Thanks in advance.

M Doss
    Thursday, June 03, 2010 11:02 PM
  • I have the Professional Plus  DVD's, one of which is Business Contact Manager 2010 (part# 79P-03212). When I try to install I get the error "You can not install 64-bit Business Contact Manager on a computer with 32-bit Office." Does this mean that BCM is ONLY 64-bit?

If 32-bit should be supported then maybe I have a problem because I reinstalled Office. Originally I installed Office 2010 64-bit. But, after investigating the differences, I uninstalled 64-bit and installed 32-bit. Might there be a remnant that confuses the BCM installation and, if so, what is the cure?

Cheers,

---

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Saturday, June 05, 2010 10:04 AM
  • On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 10:04:41 +0000, nealeh wrote:

> I have the Professional Plus DVD's, one of which is Business Contact Manager 2010 (part# 79P-03212).
    > When I try to install I get the error "You can not install 64-bit Business Contact Manager on a computer
    > with 32-bit Office." Does this mean that BCM is ONLY 64-bit?
    >
    > If 32-bit should be supported then maybe I have a problem because I reinstalled Office. Originally I
    > installed Office 2010 64-bit. But, after investigating the differences, I uninstalled 64-bit and installed
    > 32-bit. Might there be a remnant that confuses the BCM installation and, if so, what is the cure?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681792.aspx

Published: May 12, 2010

"Side-by-side installations No support is provided for side-by-side
    installations of 64-bit and 32-bit editions of Office, including across
    applications. For example, there is no support for side-by-side
    installations of the 2007 Microsoft Office system 32-bit with Office 2010
    64-bit, or for Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 64-bit and Microsoft
    Excel 2010 32-bit."

You said:

"I uninstalled 64-bit and installed 32-bit."

and you received this message during BCM install - "You can not install
    64-bit Business Contact Manager on a computer with 32-bit Office."

According to this Technet article - no support is available for
    "side-by-side installations of 64-bit and 32-bit editions of Office"

You need to install the 32 bit version of Business Contact Manager.

As of June 1, 2010, there is an RTM version of Business Contact Manager
    2010, available as 32 bit or 64 bit.

So, if you are choosing to run 32 bit - be sure you install the 32 bit RTM
    version of Office Professional Plus 2010, and the 32 bit RTM version of
    Business Contact Manager 2010.

DO NOT install the beta 32 bit version of Business Contact Manager 2010!

David

>
    > Cheers,
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Neale

--
    From David Troxell - Encourager Software
    Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com
    Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
    http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397

From David Troxell - Encourager Software Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/microsoft-office-2010.html
    Saturday, June 05, 2010 3:25 PM

• Hi,

We have an SBS 2008 that I have installed the BCM 2010 tool on successfully, I have then created a database and shared it with users, this seemed to work fine.

Then on the Win 7 Client machines running Office 2010 with BCM 2010 I can input the SERVERNAME/SQLEXPRESS,-1 as given in the text file results of the BCM 2010 tool but only to get the error message that the Server is found but there are no BCM databases on it?

I tested with the server firewall switched off but I don’t know how to find the problem, the instruction given by the BCM 2010 tool are very limited and as it’s so new there aren’t many posts anywhere.

Anyone know what I’m missing?

Cheers

Rich

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 4:16 PM
  • You need to install the 32 bit version of Business Contact Manager.

As of June 1, 2010, there is an RTM version of Business Contact Manager
    2010, available as 32 bit or 64 bit.

So, if you are choosing to run 32 bit - be sure you install the 32 bit RTM
    version of Office Professional Plus 2010, and the 32 bit RTM version of
    Business Contact Manager 2010.

DO NOT install the beta 32 bit version of Business Contact Manager 2010!

Hello David,

I don't think I explained myself well. I am NOT trying to install side by side applications. I REMOVED 64-bit Office 2010 and installed 32-Bit Office 2010. So that I have ONLY 32-bit Office 2010 installed .

I want to install 32-bit BCM on 32-bit Office . But when I insert the Business Contact Manager 2010 DVD (P/N 79P-03212, barcode X16-81867) it produce an error that the 64-bit BCM cannot be installed on 32-bit Office. I know that - but how am I supposed to install 32-bit BCM - it doesn't seem to be on the DVD?

Where can I download the 32-bit RTM version from ?

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

Monday, June 14, 2010 2:33 PM
  • On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:33:04 +0000, nealeh wrote:

> You need to install the 32 bit version of Business Contact Manager.
    >
    > As of June 1, 2010, there is an RTM version of Business Contact Manager
    > 2010, available as 32 bit or 64 bit.
    >
    > So, if you are choosing to run 32 bit - be sure you install the 32 bit RTM
    > version of Office Professional Plus 2010, and the 32 bit RTM version of
    > Business Contact Manager 2010.
    >
    > DO NOT install the beta 32 bit version of Business Contact Manager 2010!
    >
    >
    > Hello David,
    >
    > I don't think I explained myself well. I am NOT trying to install side by side applications. I REMOVED
    > 64-bit Office 2010 and installed 32-Bit Office 2010. So that I have ONLY 32-bit Office 2010 installed .
    >
    > I want to install 32-bit BCM on 32-bit Office . But when I insert the Business Contact Manager 2010
    > DVD (P/N 79P-03212, barcode X16-81867) it produce an error that the 64-bit BCM cannot be installed on
    > 32-bit Office. I know that - but how am I supposed to install 32-bit BCM - it doesn't seem to be on the
    > DVD?
    >
    > Where can I download the 32-bit RTM version from ?

Neale,

If you are a Volume License customer, you should be able to work with your
    reseller to obtain it. The 32 bit RTM and 64 bit RTM versions of BCM were
    made available to the Volume License customers first.

If you are a TechNet Plus or MSDN subscriber or enrolled in one of the
    Microsoft Partner Network plans, it is available in your subscriber
    download locations.

On June 1, 2010, a RTM version of Business Contact Manager 2010, available
    as 32 bit or 64 bit, became available to TechNet, MSDN, and Microsoft
    Partner Network plans.

David

>
    > Cheers,

--

From David Troxell - Encourager Software Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/microsoft-office-2010.html
    Monday, June 14, 2010 7:34 PM
  • David,

I've reached a stage where the installer claims that BCM has been successfully installed. Setup then says that to start using it "Open Oulook and complete startup".  Quite what this means I don't know. I start Outlook and everything looks the same.

Any ideas on what 'complete startup' means?

Incidentally, to get the installation to do anything I had to do three things. (1) Copy the BCM DVD to hard disk. (2) Edit setup.ini and change Combo3264=2 to Combo3264=1 (3) Empty the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager/PendingFileRenameOperations

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:30 AM
  • On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:30:02 +0000, nealeh wrote:

> David,
    >
    > I've reached a stage where the installer claims that BCM has been successfully installed. Setup then says
    > that to start using it "Open Oulook and complete startup". Quite what this means I don't know. I start
    > Outlook and everything looks the same.
    >
    > Any ideas on what 'complete startup' means?

Neale,

I am not a regular user of BCM, I installed it during the 2010 beta stage
    to see it's basic operation. I think there is a startup wizard you need to
    complete to set it up.

I'd suggest you start a new newsgroup thread, and ask for help with the
    startup wizard for BCM 2010.

David

>
    > Incidentally, to get the installation to do anything I had to do three things. (1) Copy the BCM DVD to
    > hard disk. (2) Edit setup.ini and change Combo3264=2 to Combo3264=1 (3) Empty the registry key
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
    > Manager/PendingFileRenameOperations
    >
    > Cheers,

--

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:10 PM
  • You cannot vote on your own post I've given up. I installed the 64bit Office 2010 and then the BCM installs correctly.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale

Friday, June 18, 2010 8:14 PM
  • I was using BCM as part of Office 2003 and just upgraded to Office 2010 with the Professional version.  I was surprised to see that BCM was not included and now I can not access my business contacts.  I am not a member of TechNet, MSDN, or the Microsoft Partner Network plans, and volume licensing is not an option since I am a one-man office.  I really need to get access to my business contacts ASAP.  How can I obtain BCM 2010?

Monday, June 21, 2010 2:12 PM
  • BCM Customers,

The Office Team is aware of the issues you are experiencing because of the limited number of suites Business Contact Manager is available.  We are currently investigating possible solutions.  As soon as any solution is determined we will update the forum to let you know.  I wanted to update to let you know that it is being worked on.  

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:17 PM
  • Microsoft should have isolated the problem before releasing everything or at least notified the community that those with BCM should not upgrade until the problem was fixed. Once again Microsoft put the cart before the horse. Are your profits that important, more important than a happy customer base?
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:23 AM
  • It's not that great of a program, why not let those of us that are using it have access to it.  I had it with my Office 2007 Professional, I was an early beta user of Office 2010 and now that I've been a loyal Microsoft customer for years, I buy Office 2010 Professional and now have 2010 beta BCM data that I need and can't access.  So dumb, so absolutely dumb.

Regards,

Brad Attig - a really disappointed customer.

Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:01 PM
  • We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.
    See below for search results close to your request, or try a new search.
    Monday, September 13, 2010 9:36 PM
  • BCM Customers,

Last year, Office 2010 announced the new version of Outlook 2010 with Business Contact Manager(BCM), a powerful contact and customer information management software that integrates with Outlook. There has been a recent update, and we wanted to share important news with you: If you previously owned Outlook with BCM and now have a valid license for Outlook 2010, you may be eligible for a free upgrade to Outlook 2010 with BCM. To see if you qualify, visit the BCM team blog.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:37 PM
  • On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:37:04 +0000, Gabriel Bratton - MSFT wrote:

> BCM Customers,
    >
    > Last year, Office 2010 announced the new version of Outlook 2010 with Business Contact Manager(BCM),
    > a powerful contact and customer information management software that integrates with Outlook. There
    > has been a recent update, and we wanted to share important news with you: If you previously owned
    > Outlook with BCM and now have a valid license for Outlook 2010, you may be eligible for a free upgrade
    > to Outlook 2010 with BCM. To see if you qualify, visit the BCM team blog.

Gabriel,

This is a very good business decision on Microsoft's part to include
    previous owners of BCM since many depend HEAVILY on BCM use, and needed to
    delay Microsoft Office 2010 purchases because it wasn't a viable economic
    choice (volume licensing) for some.

Respectfully, I think Microsoft is continuing the first big mistake by not
    including * NEW * customers who have purchased the following (unless the
    blog does not state this clearly).

Purchased one of the following versions of Office 2010:

* Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010

* Microsoft Office Professional 2010

* A stand-alone edition of Microsoft Outlook 2010

Many small offices only add 1 person at a time - so they might have only
    one qualifying license currently (2003/2007 with 2010 purchase) - but need
    to add just 1 or 2 more licenses with BCM (2 or 3 total - NOT 5) - are
    hampered by the 2003/2007 AND 2010 purchase rules as I read the rules at
    this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/download-business-contact-manager-for-outlook-2010-FX102040110.aspx

David

--
    http://www.encouragersoftware.com/profile/microsoft-office-2010.html

Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:20 PM