Can't use authenticator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Last week, I used the authenticator app to approve an account for microsoft teams (I've been invited as a guest from a company). After some troubleshooting, it finally went well and I got the approval. I was under the assumption that it would be one-time activity, so I deleted the app from iPhone afterwards. Unfortunately, I just found out that you have to reputed to step verification every time to log on. After I downloaded the app again, it requested to register the account again, unfortunately I've already done that before, so I am not getting a QR code.

How do I reset the mailadress to make it possible to verify the account again?

Addition: the email address I am using to be part of the team is not a Outlook account, so I can't log on and change settings. 

I've also tried to create an account with the email address I'm using, but that doesn't help either.

• Edited by CarolienNL Monday, March 11, 2019 11:01 AM
    Monday, March 11, 2019 8:43 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I would like to share you the steps to use the App
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/user-help/user-help-auth-app-download-install

Here in this App you will get the code everytime you sign untill you do not have single signn on enabled.

As a guest you will get a code everytime.Just ensure you have your app downloaded and signed with the account which is added as guest.

Let me know if you still face the issue.

Thank you.

Regards
    Santosh Patkar

• Proposed as answer by SPPatkar1994 Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:56 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:56 PM