none
Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

When user enters/modify text in a rich text field, saves successfully, then tries to navigate to another page, a pop-up box appears which says there are unsaved changes on the page and "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" Can anyone tell me how  to handle this problem.

Thanks & Regards

Anuranjan Prasad

Thanks & Regards Anuranjan Prasad

Friday, October 18, 2013 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

I tested this functionality with all the perspectives in my mind. This is for sure not an IE issue but is something else. I tried creating a replica of that PDP page but scenario is same. Even avoided all other web parts and added just rich text box on a new page, it is still giving same pop message while navigating to another page after adding data in to it.

The weird fact is that we are using around 4 pages on which rich text field is used amongst which 2 pages are working fine and 2 are not. As mentioned we recreated those pages and even a blank page with just that rich text field area; still the issue is same but for other pages on which it was working, continue to work just fine.

Monday, November 18, 2013 9:18 AM

All replies

• Anuranjan --

Is this a question related to Microsoft Project Server, an enterprise project management application?  If so, please tell us where in PWA your users are running into this problem.  We need more information before we can offer an opinion.  Let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, October 18, 2013 1:33 PM
  • Hi Anuranjan

Assuming by page youa re reffering to PDP page ?

This is an IE behaviour rather than project server, so if there is something which has changed on the page and the dirty bit is set, it would prompt for the message, but if you have properly saved the PDP page and then try to navigate it shouldn't prompt, which means there is something else going on the page, is there any custom web part on the page ?, are there any other javascripts being loaded on the page, any other script procesing ? the list could be long as its related to IE, would suggest start checking for any addons as well which might be causing the problem  

however there are ways to supress the dialog box, haven't tested it for PDP page yet but advisable would be to check if something else might be causing the issue here

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Friday, October 18, 2013 1:45 PM
  • Hi All,

I tested this functionality with all the perspectives in my mind. This is for sure not an IE issue but is something else. I tried creating a replica of that PDP page but scenario is same. Even avoided all other web parts and added just rich text box on a new page, it is still giving same pop message while navigating to another page after adding data in to it.

The weird fact is that we are using around 4 pages on which rich text field is used amongst which 2 pages are working fine and 2 are not. As mentioned we recreated those pages and even a blank page with just that rich text field area; still the issue is same but for other pages on which it was working, continue to work just fine.

Monday, November 18, 2013 9:18 AM
  • I m having the same problem, did anyone came up with the solution for this?
    Monday, December 23, 2013 12:35 AM
  • For me, this happens only when I try to save some values to 'multiple lines of text' field and save. If I store some value to other type of fields, it works ok.
    Monday, December 23, 2013 8:15 AM
  • Un-check   the Enable Native XMLHTTP Support option in IE advanced option.

kirtesh

Monday, December 23, 2013 8:17 AM
  • Thanks Kirtesh, but that didn't solve it, the message still appears.
    Monday, December 23, 2013 9:07 AM
  • Reposting to confirm, with quite a bit of extensive testing, we narrowed down this behaviour on having multi line text boxes on different webparts on PDP page, and this is a known issue

workaround to avoid this behaviour is to have all multiline text boxes in one webpart rather than splitting them on multiple webparts, i know for some it would be a usability issue, but there is no alternate for this as this point, unless you upgrade to 2013  

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Anuranjan0609 Friday, February 28, 2014 10:41 AM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 6:11 PM
  • Well, I have found a solution for this problem, but it isn't legal.

Yes, I know it is not allowed, I am aware of that. But, I needed to sort it out no matter what. I am not encouraging anybody to do this, but I am just saying that this is one option.

I wrote it on my blog:

http://sharepoint1on1.blogspot.com/2014/02/project-server-are-you-sure-you-want-to.html

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:35 PM
  • Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply. After putting all the multi line text boxes in one webparts on PDP page it is working as expected.

• Edited by Anuranjan0609 Friday, February 28, 2014 10:42 AM modify text
    Friday, February 28, 2014 10:41 AM