locked
UAG-Direct Access stoppped working after upgrade? RRS feed

  • Question

  • I recently upgraded my UAG software to Version 4.0.1773.10100 as I needed the Templates for CRM. Since then all seems to be ok accept Direct Access clients have stopped working. I have the Connectivity Assistant on the clients which also tells me that also. Another thing I have noticed that the computers which are Direct Access clients when they are inside our network a head office. Their Outlook clients seem to take ages to connect and sync there emails. Just thought I'd mention as it may tell us something??

    Any help would be most appreciated.


    Many Thanks

    Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:08 PM

Answers

  • There's a bug in the update that sets the 'Microsoft Forefront UAG DNS64 Service' to Manual startup. You have to set it to Automatic and start the service. All fixed! 

    Many Thanks

    • Marked as answer by dbilbie Friday, July 13, 2012 9:55 AM
    Friday, July 13, 2012 9:54 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    is your NLS server/service ok?

    Please provide more information. Like the output of the DCA from a machine inside the network and outside.

    Regards


    Regards, Rmknight

    Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:44 PM
  • Hello,

    There were a few updates for the UAG and the NLS server so I put them all on. You were right the UAG server could not contact the NLS so I have corrected the problem. I have also found that in the Web Monitor under DirectAcces Monitor>Current Status, DNS64 says Not Healthy. I found an a workaround but it does not work http://itcalls.blogspot.com/2012/01/dns64-unhealthy-after-applying-uag-sp1.html 

    I have also attahced the DCA logs when outside the network.

    http://www.mediafire.com/?hz6tjf3966bb5jq

    Thanks


    Many Thanks


    • Edited by dbilbie Friday, February 17, 2012 12:09 AM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 12:06 AM
  • There's a bug in the update that sets the 'Microsoft Forefront UAG DNS64 Service' to Manual startup. You have to set it to Automatic and start the service. All fixed! 

    Many Thanks

    • Marked as answer by dbilbie Friday, July 13, 2012 9:55 AM
    Friday, July 13, 2012 9:54 AM
  • I just noticed this issue for the first time after installing Forefront UAG 2010 SP2 - KB2710791 - v4.2095.1000.

    I have installed it on two UAG arrays. Both have NLB enabled. Same issue on both UAG arrays.


    Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security

    Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:13 AM
  • This problem has actually existed in a number of different UAG updates (not just SP2) - and it doesn't always happen, sometimes the service gets set back to Automatic like it's supposed to. Probably a timing issue in the installer files.
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:17 PM