KB4462928 RRS feed

• Question

•   Hello,

I have a few servers All (2016 standard) that have no access to internet PCI rules, I need them to access a local 2016 WSUS server to get their updates. All client servers all register into WSUS server, but all approved updates do not download to the assigned serves from the WSUS server. I have found an item where someone had the exact same issue. In the post it was said to download a few updates and make a few changes to Group policy and all will work. 

Here is the article that I am following:

https://serverfault.com/questions/857607/windows-server-2016-not-updating-through-wsus

I have downloaded the following standalone updates 

kb4103720 and kb4462928

kb4103720 without issue, but the kb4462928 will not install on any of them. 

Error when running kb4462928: 

Windows Update Standalone Installer

The Update is not applicable to your computer

Here is the download link that I am using - have re-downloaded cumulative update for windows server 2016 for x64 based systems. I even tries DISM install of update..

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4462928        

Thanks in advance for the help, I am away until the start of next week, any and all comments are appreciated.

Toby...

Thursday, May 30, 2019 4:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Toby,

A prerequisite for installing KB4462928 is that you need to install the latest serving stack update (SSU) first. You can first try to install the serving stack update KB4132216 before installing KB4462928.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 31, 2019 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Toby,

A prerequisite for installing KB4462928 is that you need to install the latest serving stack update (SSU) first. You can first try to install the serving stack update KB4132216 before installing KB4462928.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 31, 2019 6:14 AM
  •   Just a followup on this - 

The article that I posted for Win2016 servers not updating did work in the end, you definately need to add the 2 KB's etc.. it still did not seem to be working, then voila - after a day or so, it started working as is should have.

Hope this helps anyone in the future..

Thanks,

JT

Thursday, June 20, 2019 9:02 AM