Granting access to local users SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an extranet site that outside our DMZ. It is a standalone server with Windows 2003 and SharePoint 2007. I set up two authentication methods to access the site collection, form authentication for port 80 and windows authentication for port 99. While most users are granted access via form authentication. I need to set up few special users via windows authentication so they can use a multiple upload tool to upload batch files. I set up couple of local users before and they can perform the multiple files upload. Today, I need to create another local account for the same propose. After I created the local account, I cannot see the new local user in "Select People and Group" dialog. I compare the new account properties with the existing accounts and they looks the same. I also reboot the server and create user profile and it still does not show up in the "Select People and Group" dialog. I do not know what I miss and hope someone and help me out. Many thanks.

Monday, December 3, 2012 9:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try to just add them using their account name (for example domain\username)

Also, check the following link about the people picker in SP 2007

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263318(v=office.12).aspx

- Xenox G.

• Marked as answer by eg10013 Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:49 PM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:36 AM
  • I already tried entering user account server\username (this is a standalong server) and got "no match" error.
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:40 PM
  • I figure it out that if I login to the site collection via "Windows authenfication". I am able to type the account server\user in the new user/group field (still not be able to look up).  
    • Edited by eg10013 Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:49 PM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 3:48 PM