Adding second domain to Exchange RRS feed

• Question

• Id like to add a second domain to my exchange server. I've added it under accepted domains, created an email address policy for it, what else do I need to do to get OWA, add mailboxes, etc.

Do I need to create virtual directories for the second Domain?

Thanks

Monday, October 10, 2016 2:44 PM

Answers

• Hi

I generally create an OU and point the address policy to that OU, any user placed there will get the email address set. no other changes needed on exchange as you have added it to your accepted domains list. Do you have a separate dns entry for the new domain as well?

• Proposed as answer by vgahod Monday, October 10, 2016 6:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Monday, October 24, 2016 2:24 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2016 5:31 PM

All replies

• Hi

I generally create an OU and point the address policy to that OU, any user placed there will get the email address set. no other changes needed on exchange as you have added it to your accepted domains list. Do you have a separate dns entry for the new domain as well?

• Proposed as answer by vgahod Monday, October 10, 2016 6:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lynn-Li Monday, October 24, 2016 2:24 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2016 5:31 PM
  • Just created the OU as mentioned by EDward and assign the email address policy. You have already added into accepted domains , also you can checked that the new domain is mentioned in certificate as well

Nothing you have to do with Exchange virtual directories

Monday, October 10, 2016 6:35 PM
  • Hi

You don't need to create separate virtual directory for each domain you are adding in your Exchange environment. As Edward mentioned accepted domain and email address policy accordingly.

Following needs to be consider:-

Exchange Part:-
    • Add each domain in accepted domains
    • Create Email Address Policy for each domain with Organization name or whatever you want.
    • Second domain should also be available in your SSL
    • Go to Active Directory Domain and Trust, right click on it, Go to property, Add UPN Suffix each domain.

Hope this will help you.

Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Regards.

H.shakir

Monday, October 10, 2016 6:36 PM