How do I resize partitions in vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there a way to resize the partitions in vista ?  I have C and D each of 15GB and want to combine the two.  Vista is already installed and done want to disturb other partitions as they have data that I dont want to disturn (i.e. unless there is no choice.

Are there third party softwares that may work in vista ?  I dont think any known partition software runs in vista.

Thanks

Friday, February 9, 2007 4:08 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately, you can't resize or merge a partition contains already installed Windows Vista, the Disk Management tool won't help you doing this, but you might need a 3rd party software to perform this task, until now, I think there is no software "Partition Magic", "Disk Dirctor" will work under Windows Vista.

Good luck

Friday, February 9, 2007 2:37 PM

All replies

• start>right click Computer choose manage>choose disk management

u can extend or shrink partition there.

Friday, February 9, 2007 2:27 PM
  • Unfortunately, you can't resize or merge a partition contains already installed Windows Vista, the Disk Management tool won't help you doing this, but you might need a 3rd party software to perform this task, until now, I think there is no software "Partition Magic", "Disk Dirctor" will work under Windows Vista.

Good luck

Friday, February 9, 2007 2:37 PM
  • resize or combine?  you'd either be shrinking (under bcdedit.exe) or creating a software raid.
    Friday, February 9, 2007 4:11 PM
  • I am not sure if I can use previous version of partition magic v7 or 8.  Is there any solution from microsoft ?  they allow most other functionality using disk manager.  wonder why they left out resizing !

note - I am looking for resizing.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 8:35 PM
  • I made my Vista partition smaller by using the "shrink" option in my computer -> manage -> disk management.
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 12:40 PM