Outgoing routing problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

in our newly setup Lync enviroment we encounter Problems if Numbers are dialed in the E.164 Format. The Server doesn't find a matching Normalization rule even though if we go into the Normalization rule RegEx and test them the system say's it's a match. Every time we start a Routing test it says no matching rules.

Because of this some functions like callback for a conference room don't work. In the old OCS 2007 enviroment this worked without problems.

Greetings

Mike van Stijn

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

A couple of things to look at. If you are dialing in E.164 it should require normalization. So if you enter +1425xxxxxxxxx as an example you will need a matching route to get the call to the PSTN. If you have no route it may return with the no matching rules error. Also check the blog below for outbound dial from a conference.

http://www.confusedamused.com/notebook/lync-dial-in-conferencing-static-route-configuration/

Cheers

Chris

http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 6:30 PM
  • Hi Chris,

my problem is that i have a matching normalization rule for E.164. If i go into the normalization rule and enter +1425xxxxxxx it matches but if i use the global testing tool it suddenly doesn't match.

Greetings

Mike van Stijn

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:14 PM
  • Hi Mike....are you using the Global dialplan to host all of your normalization rules?  You have multiple normalization rules inside of the Global scope?  If so, you might have them in the incorrect order with overlapping normalization rules.

Friday, December 24, 2010 1:00 PM
  • Hello Jason,

i use the Global Dialplan. But i even testet the dialplan with only the normalization rule ^\+(\d{2}\d+)$ active and i didn't get a match in a test case with +49. But everytime i test the rule itself i get an ok

Saturday, January 1, 2011 3:12 PM