windows slow RRS feed

• Question

• i'm using windows 7,suddenly all programes were stop and get slow ,even can't  move the mouse point 

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Monday, August 8, 2011 4:10 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Saturday, August 6, 2011 3:52 PM

Answers

• AutoRuns and hardware diagnostics are two different things.

Use AutoRuns to see what's actually starting and running in your system.  Make sure you understand what every single entry listed in AutoRuns is from and whether you really need it, then you can make a determination whether you want to keep it.  Use the Internet to search for things you don't recognize.  It may be that you will choose to uninstall some software, or disable components through the checkboxes in AutoRuns.  I have disabled quite a few, myself, and my system runs lean and fast. 

The important thing to realize is that everything you install has some impact on your system -- often a lot!  So many people install every handy app or toolbar they run across, then wonder why their system is slow or stalling.

Once you work out what's not working and correct the problems, in the future be very selective about what you install into your system.  That's the best way to keep it working smoothly.

-Noel

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:44 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 2:55 PM
  • Something's wrong with your system, possibly because of installed software or possibly because of hardware problems.  Reboot and review all the software you have installed using a tool such as AutoRuns, and run hardware diagnostics.

Seriously, without more detailed information in your report you can't possibly hope for any better help than that.

-Noel

• Proposed as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, August 9, 2011 8:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:43 AM
    Sunday, August 7, 2011 7:33 PM

All replies

• Something's wrong with your system, possibly because of installed software or possibly because of hardware problems.  Reboot and review all the software you have installed using a tool such as AutoRuns, and run hardware diagnostics.

Seriously, without more detailed information in your report you can't possibly hope for any better help than that.

-Noel

• Proposed as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, August 9, 2011 8:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:43 AM
    Sunday, August 7, 2011 7:33 PM
  • Hi 

if you installed any software recently maybe the problem with this software maybe it's not compatable with windows 7, 

you can restore your system to previous point of time when it was working fine.

go to Control Panel > Backup and restore > restore your system setting > Open system restore "  select from the wizard the point of time when your system was working fine. 

I hope this will help 

Regards, 

Mohamed Mostafa

Mohamed Mostafa
    Monday, August 8, 2011 4:27 AM
  • Mr. Noel .

I am also facing the same problem, Please read my threads so that you can get the real picture of my problem.

following are the problems:

1. every thing stops working (eg. mouse, keys), and I have to restart it again and again.

thanks.

Monday, August 8, 2011 5:01 AM
  • Mr. Noel,

I have installed AutoRuns software but how would I run hardware diagnostics. in this tool , there are lots of tabs (eg. Boot execute,services,drivers, etc)

thanks.

Monday, August 8, 2011 5:10 AM
  • AutoRuns and hardware diagnostics are two different things.

Use AutoRuns to see what's actually starting and running in your system.  Make sure you understand what every single entry listed in AutoRuns is from and whether you really need it, then you can make a determination whether you want to keep it.  Use the Internet to search for things you don't recognize.  It may be that you will choose to uninstall some software, or disable components through the checkboxes in AutoRuns.  I have disabled quite a few, myself, and my system runs lean and fast. 

The important thing to realize is that everything you install has some impact on your system -- often a lot!  So many people install every handy app or toolbar they run across, then wonder why their system is slow or stalling.

Once you work out what's not working and correct the problems, in the future be very selective about what you install into your system.  That's the best way to keep it working smoothly.

-Noel

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:44 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 2:55 PM
  • thanks Noel , I will definitely consider your advice from now onwards.

pankaj

Saturday, August 13, 2011 2:28 PM