Track changes in word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• When I have finished using track changes and saved my document, all the deletions I have made are automatically changed, without anyone excepting the changes. So when I send the document off, they can't see the changes I have made from the original document. I have tried the control panel>program and features>repair but it is still doing it. HELP!!
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 7:30 PM

Answers

• When you turn off change tracking, you can revise the document without marking what has changed. Turning off the Track Changes feature does not remove any changes that have already been tracked.
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:04 AM
  • This can happen if folks are using the setting in Tools=Options=Security  
    Friday, June 6, 2014 4:20 AM

All replies

• When you turn off change tracking, you can revise the document without marking what has changed. Turning off the Track Changes feature does not remove any changes that have already been tracked.
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:04 AM
  • I don't want to revise the document after track changes. My point is; when I finished my track changes and sent the document off for the other person to see the changes I have made, they can't see any markings, just the revised text (that had been changed via track changes) It automatically changes without anyone excepting any changes I have made.
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 7:36 PM
  • This can happen if folks are using the setting in Tools=Options=Security  
    Friday, June 6, 2014 4:20 AM
  • Could you show an example of what you see (a screen shot or, even better, an example document in Word format)? You can upload your example to Dropbox or OneDrive, make the file public, and then post a link here.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Saturday, June 7, 2014 6:42 PM