none
Local Variables being displayed incorrectly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all.

I am experiencing something very odd and I hoping someone else has experienced it and can help me understand what is happening.<o:p></o:p>

Starting sometime last night, many of our local text variables being displayed incorrectly. It appears that the text is being interpreted incorrectly. When we open a plan, this is what we see:<o:p></o:p>

I also experienced the following the following:

• I had an MPP file on my desktop that I was using to test a macro.
    • I opened it while connected to the server and the text fields where displayed incorrectly.
    • I exited without saving
    • I opened the file without connecting to the server (selecting 'Computer' when prompted to select a server) and the values fine.
    • I opened the file while connected to the server and the value while incorrect again
    • I exited and saved it (locally)
    • I opened it again without connecting to the server and the values where not incorrect.

So it appears that the server is corrupting my local text fields. 

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  Or am I just lucky?

Thanks,

Craig

Thanks, Craig

Friday, May 4, 2012 8:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Craig,

we have recently seen this issue. Person A uses MS Project to open and save a server project a .mpp file and sends it to person B.
    Person B then starts MS Project B, uses the local profile "Computer" and has Kanji and Hangul character in one field, I think it was a lookup table. After exiting MS Project and starting it again with the server profile, the issue disappeared. We did not investigate any further, however.

Would these steps help you, or do you experience different issues?
    As far as I know, this happened after CU 04/2012.

Kind regards,
    Adrian

Friday, May 4, 2012 10:34 PM
  • Adrian:

It does seem to only occur with values with lookup table, but restarting does not seem to fix the problem.

Thanks, Craig

Monday, May 7, 2012 1:10 PM