ProClarity Dashboard Server Parameters Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded PDS 6.3 from MSDN. 

I made some simple dashboards including parameters.  When I opened the dashboard the first time, it was working right.  And I changed another option of the parameters and click "apply" , the result was wrong just like there is no parameters. Have anybody found this ? Also I clicked "refresh" it went wrong the same.   But If I clicked "open in the new window", the result was right in the new window.

Another question is locale . I installed PAS with Chinese TaiWan language pack. I changed the web.config file in Dashboard server to "CHT", it still not work.

Anybody help me ? Thanks

Friday, August 15, 2008 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hello baobaonan,

The dashboard parameters can be tricky to get working correctly.  If they do not work from the dashboard do they work from the dashboard studio parameters configuration screen when clicking 'test'?  If they work there you can set them to use explicit credentials and this will bypass the need for each user to individually authenticate to the cube to load the parameter list.  Ideally, you'll want to have the dashboard using Integrated Windows authentication with Directory Security on the PAS website set to both 'basic' and 'integrated windows' authentication if not using explicit credentials.

Monday, August 18, 2008 10:19 PM

All replies

• Hello baobaonan,

The dashboard parameters can be tricky to get working correctly.  If they do not work from the dashboard do they work from the dashboard studio parameters configuration screen when clicking 'test'?  If they work there you can set them to use explicit credentials and this will bypass the need for each user to individually authenticate to the cube to load the parameter list.  Ideally, you'll want to have the dashboard using Integrated Windows authentication with Directory Security on the PAS website set to both 'basic' and 'integrated windows' authentication if not using explicit credentials.

Monday, August 18, 2008 10:19 PM
  • Thanks for your help. I've find the reason.  In the proclarity dashboard studio, I named the parameters in chinese language. So it doesn't work. I've changed it into English. Now it's OK.

Thank you very much.

Friday, August 22, 2008 9:57 AM