running Microsoft Home Software under Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have not been able to install the following products on a Windows 7 home (64) system using the compatibility troubleshooter and would like some advice and guidance as to whether this is possible. the products have previously been installed and running on XP service pack 3.

Microsoft Art Gallery,     Microsoft Musical Instruments,      AA Birds of Britain and Europe.

Regards

Howard

Monday, September 26, 2011 3:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like you to know these programs are not supported on Windows 7. If you have tried the compatibility mode to install them with no avail, there is no other workaround to install incompatible programs.

Meanwhile, you can try Windows XP mode.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:20 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like you to know these programs are not supported on Windows 7. If you have tried the compatibility mode to install them with no avail, there is no other workaround to install incompatible programs.

Meanwhile, you can try Windows XP mode.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:20 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:00 AM
  • I have not been able to install the following products on a Windows 7 home (64) system using the compatibility troubleshooter and would like some advice and guidance as to whether this is possible. the products have previously been installed and running on XP service pack 3.

Microsoft Art Gallery,     Microsoft Musical Instruments,      AA Birds of Britain and Europe.

Regards

Howard

You can try dotnetmsinstr on sourceforge.

B.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:30 PM