none
Installing updates on Datacentre core RRS feed

• Question

• I have two physical hosts clustered with Hyper-v running various VM's,  I want to back up these VM's using DPM 2010, however I need to install KB 975354 to the physical hosts.  Easier said!!  When you run sconfig it looks at updates from WSUS but this KB article is a separate download from MS which is zipped up, how do I install KB article to Hyper-v?  This will allow me to then back up my VM servers.
    Friday, September 2, 2011 1:44 PM

Answers

• If the above suggested answer does not help in resolving the thread please re-open it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regards, Michael V [MSFT] - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Calum22,

Hopefully I am understanding your question correctly. It sounds like you are having trouble getting and installing the hotfix for your Hyper-V servers. You need to go to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975354 and click on:

"Hotfix Download Available
    View and request hotfix downloads"

You will then be redirected to another page accept the MS Agreement and then you will see the hotfix, select it and put in your email. An email will then be sent to you with a link to download the hotfix. Download the .zip and unzip it from there to a location. Then you will have the hotfix install file in the location you specified. Apply the hotfix restart and see if DPM can protect the servers.

HTH

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

Sunday, September 4, 2011 5:39 PM
  • Hi Thanks for relpy,

However the issue is surrounding the intsall using the sconfig menu, there is only one option to select download update from the www I need to install manually

Monday, September 5, 2011 7:39 AM
  • Hi Calum22,

Are you running server core?

Monday, September 5, 2011 7:49 AM
  • Yes.
    Monday, September 5, 2011 10:15 AM
  • I had the same issue as you before this is what I did.

• I mapped a drive on my workstation to my core servers c drive.
    • From my workstation I went and downloaded the hot-fix and unzipped right there on the workstation.
    • I then copied the hot-fix install file onto the mapped drive of the core server (this was the root of the C drive).
    • Then from the command prompt window on the core server I launched the hotfix install. It worked just fine installing the hot-fix.

Try that and let us know what happens.

Monday, September 5, 2011 5:21 PM
  • If the above suggested answer does not help in resolving the thread please re-open it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regards, Michael V [MSFT] - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:02 PM